Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Welcome!


Hello! Welcome!

Perhaps a few of you have already read the posts from the Reel Film Critics blog that started a number of months ago (http://reelfilmcritics.blogspot.com).  Two of my good friends and myself began that blog because we all share a passion: watching and discussing movies.  Whether you are a common movie goer, a passionate movie buff, or just somebody who is interested in the art of movies, our blog was designed to include reviews of new films as well as discussions about the art of filmmaking in general to satisfy that movie craving.  While we never really worked together as fluidly as we had originally imagined and the blog never truly came together (although you never know what will happen in the future), all of us continue to be movie lovers and there are no regrets regarding our ambitions.

So here I am.  I would like to take the original idea that the Reel Film Critics had and continue it on an individual level.  I will most certainly be going to the cinema and watching new movies as frequently as possible in order to bring you new reviews.  I rent new releases on blu-ray (and through various digital rental services) frequently and am always watching films on Hulu+, Netlix, and every other streaming medium you can possibly imagine.  So not only will I review newer movies, but also older movies.  I will include daily updates of what I’m watching, what I think about those films, and what’s next in my film-filled schedule.  However, reviews are not the only thing I would like to share with you.

My shockingly large personal collection of movies (which I will share in the next few weeks) is a testament to my love for movies and this blog will hopefully give you recommendations on what films, both old and new, to watch.  I will also be discussing news in the world of filmmaking as well as my personal take on specific filmmakers, genres, and eras in the history of movies.  Basically, if it is related to movies, there is a chance I will write about it.  Movies are a unique form of art that is always evolving and is always in need of a bit of observation and dissection.  I will do my best to unwind the world of film in a way that all of you who even remotely care about movies will understand and enjoy.

Thank you so much for reading and I will see you in the future!

Ethan W.

No comments:

Post a Comment