So I’m a horror movie buff. Its a genre I never tire of and each October (around Halloween) I really revel in the genre by pretty much only watching horror films. Slashers, ghost flicks, splatter movies, psychological thrillers, comedy-horror… you name it! There is something about the atmosphere and feeling of these movies that just gives me a feeling that is un-matched by anything else. Call it nostalgia or just call me demented, but horror movies will always be my favorite.
A lot of the things people hate about horror movies are exactly the things I love about the genre. Dumb characters, cheesy acting (most of the time), unrealistic and over-the-top plot twists and scenarios are all things that put a smile on my face. I’ve always giggled when negative criticism is spewed at horror movies because characters “go check out the scary noise in the basement instead of running out the front door.” After all, if these people were smart, horror movies would have a lot smaler body count. Horror movies go against all logic and exist fully in the moment. In my opinion they’re the purest form of movie escapism and entertainment.
In any case, I’m only writing this to share the list of horror movies I am watching this month. I’m a member of a horror movie forum that had a few select members compile a pretty huge list of horror flicks to attempt and watch all before October 31st. I’ve been working watching movies on the list for a while, but its time to kick it into full gear since its already a few days into the month. I think the list is a solid mixture of classics and more unknown titles. I’ve already seen about half of the movies but I’m the sort of guy who never says no to watching a movie again. So here’s the list, if anything jumps out at you and seems interesting check them out!
1. Halloween 1978
2. 976-EVIL 1989
3. Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1978
4. Popcorn 1991
5. City of the Living Dead 1980
6. Pumpkinhead 1988
7. Return to Horror High 1987
8. 7500 2014
9. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre 1974
10. From Beyond 1986
11. Inside 2007
12. Zombie 1979
13. Frailty 2001
14. Carnival of Souls 1962
15. The Poughkeepsie Tapes 2007
16. Pet Sematary 1989
17. Night of the Demons 1988
18. Children Shouldn’t Play with Dead Things 1973
19. The Beyond 1981
20. The Evil Dead 1981
21. Suspiria 1977
22. The Deadly Spawn 1983
23. Demons 1985
24. A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors 1987
25. The Return of the Living Dead 1985
26. Aftermath 1994
27. 2001 Maniacs 2005
28. Splatter: Naked Blood 1996
29. Grotesque 2009
30. Video Violence 1987
31. Black Devil Doll 2007
32. Neon Maniacs 1986
33. Mad Ron’s Prevues from Hell 1987
34. Black Roses 1988
35. Deadly Eyes 1982
36. Rabid Grannies 1988
37. Night of the Living Dead 1968
38. Hellraiser 1987
39. Hellbound: Hellraiser II 1988
40. Candyman 1992
41. Nosferatu 1922
42. The Howling 1981
43. Day of the Dead 1985
44. Zombie Holocaust 1980
45. Night of the Creeps 1986
46. Tales from the Crypt 1972
47. Conton 1987
48. Biotherapy 1986
49. Re-Animator 1985
50. One Dark Night 1983
51. Sweatshop 2009
52. Hidden in the Woods 2012
53. 7th Day 2012
54. Sawney: Flesh of Man 2012
55. Home Sweet Home 2013
56. Mischief Night 2014
No comments:
Post a Comment