Greetings. I haven’t written a new review to post for today but I have a few updates of things to come in the near future. I will probably do an update post fairly frequently as I plan on posting a lot more than just movie reviews.
First of all, tomorrow night I will be writing and posting a review for Terrence Malick’s newest film “To the Wonder” that has just received a limited theatrical release and is available to rent on demand. Fans of Malick’s work (The Tree of Life, the Thin Red Line) should definitely check back as I have some very interesting thoughts on the film.
Also, I put in an order for a number of blu-rays last weekend from Amazon and they should have arrived in the mail today but it looks like they might not be here until Monday. I will share what movies I have added to the collection as well as showing photos of my already quite large movie collection. I can do reviews of any of these movies so if anybody sees something they would like reviewed just let me know! Oh, Django Unchained comes out on Tuesday as well so I will most likely be picking that one up as it was easily one of my favorite from last year!
But what else have I been doing outside of working and hanging out with my girlfriend and our new cat Cooper? I have watched a few different things. I watched a few episodes of Family Guy that I’ve seen already but it was a favorite of mine in high school and I’ve never lost the taste for it.
I watched a horror movie last night called “Lovely Molly” that was directed by Eduardo Sanchez (who directed the now legendary film “The Blair Witch Project”). It was pretty good and kind of blends found footage in with a normal film narrative (although the found footage is quite minimally used). The story was good enough and it went in a few directions I wasn’t expecting it to go in but was ultimately kind of bland. The lead actress was outstanding and she gives one of the best performances I’ve seen in a straight horror movie in a while. Overall it was just above average and worth watching late at night when I had nothing else to do. I think I’d give it a 6.5/10.
So check back and I will have a review for “To the Wonder” and some information on my movie collection!
Ethan W.
No comments:
Post a Comment