Saturday, January 24, 2015

Top 10 of 2014

Let me start out by saying a top 10 of the year list is practically impossible to finalize. I can almost guarantee that somewhere along the line I will see a movie that came out in a given year that I may like enough to consider one of my favorites of said year. 2014 was another great year for movies and a huge number of entertaining movies were given to us. While it is impossible to say that one of the many movies from this year that I haven't seen yet will blow me away enough to be on this list, I also feel that I should just give my top 10 as it is now since the clock is already ticking on 2015. So even though there are many movies I wish I could see before making this list that simply isn't realistic. I will also include a list of “honorable mentions” that I really loved but not quite as much as the top 10. This is all in good fun and undoubtedly everybody will have their own opinions of these movies. So here it is, my top 10 favorite movies of 2014.

  1. Boyhood
  2. Whiplash
  3. Interstellar
  4. The Signal
  5. Snowpiercer
  6. Gone Girl
  7. Edge of Tomorrow
  8. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
  9. Chef
  10. the Babadook

Honorable Mentions
Guardians of the Galaxy, Birdman, the Grand Budapest Hotel, Horns, Godzilla, 300: Rise of an Empire, Captain America: The Winter Solider, the Rover, As Above, So Below, St Vincent.


I hope this doesn't seem like I'm shunning or dismissing any of the other movies from this year. These were simply my favorite.  I was considering making a more elaborate post on this subject but I'd rather spend my time watching some new movies and re-visiting some of my favorites. Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment